Friday 26 January 2018

Three Financial Gurus and the Company they keep

British people always have the saying "Bird of same feather flock together" or in other words, we "build up our character on the company we keep."


So, I want to discuss three little Gurus investing because our "Gurus" are what that builds us up - "First build a habit and soon the habits will build our Character - whether for the Good or for the Bad.  (excerpts from Steven R. Covey's book - Seven Habits of Highly Effective People)

Say, we have 3 Gurus.



First Guru, Mr. Crook.

Second Guru, Mr. Average.

Third Guru, Mr. Security.



Their name, would have given them out right?


Let me elaborate further:

The first is a crook. The second gives u a mediocre return and the third gives u a secure return.


Let's do a "situational analysis" based on "risk asset management"

The following are 4 hypothetical scenarios of investing that might happen over our lifetime:

1) Say, I want a very high return. Which Guru should I go to? Definitely, not Mr. Average or Mr. Security. Right? I will be mad if I go to them and I expecting to get a high return. That will be akin to low risk but high return.

2) Say, if I want a very secure return, which Guru should I go to? Definitely Mr. Security. Right? This is because the lower the return, come with a margin of safety of lower risk too

3) Say, if I want a more than average return but an acceptable risk? I will go to Mr. Average then, Right?. This is because of risk commensurate with the return.

4) Say, if I want a high return, with low risk....where do I go?..... None of them. I think I need to see Mr. Lottery or Mr. Da Ma Cai...Ha Ha Ha.

See, none of us will go to Mr. Crook.


Why?


Trust and Reliability is an essential element for a person to handle our hard-earned money.


"Fate favored those who are prepared"

Good Luck! Amigo!

"In God We Trust."


Serving God,

Dr. Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment